Well, well, well, our favorite Darwinian Fail, the fabolous Krysten tagged me in her 11 Random things post, so now I gotta fess up to all the dirty dirty secrets you ever wanted to know about your fitness hero, but never dared to ask. I love these kinda posts, so without further ado, here we go!
I’m modifying the rules slightly and am going to answer the 11 questions that she asked.
I call these my 11 Secret Secrets:
1. What is your theme song for this year and why? There could only be one.
This was booming on the radio when I arrived in sunny Miami last year. It’s also my theme since after much persuasion and soul searching, I decided that this would be the year I’d finally apply to Ph.D. programs. I really want that degree, so you can expect me to be booming this fairly loud the day I receive an acceptance letter. This song means a lot to me just due to various failures and short comings I’ve had in life. I’m finally at a place where things are starting to look good. So if you ever see me enter a WWE arena—this’ll be my entrance song.
2. What is the one thing you could never live without? Peanut Butter!
3. Who or what inspires you? This.
and now that I think about it, this guy, too…
Can’t tell you how many pieces of furniture I broke as a child emulating this guy. Living proof that hard work leads to a life of rewards…as long as you keep working.
4. What is your dream vacation? At this point, there would be 2, both in California. I’d want to visit Santa Barbara since I was supposed to go in 2002 and it fell through. I’ve always regretted that. The 2nd would be LA! That’s the last big city in the US that I have to visit really (well, Denver, too. But for some reason whenever I say “Denver”, people laugh hysterically. Weird?)
5. Brag time, tell me what you are most proud of accomplishing? After years of horrible eating, I finally realized that as an Endomorph, I’m just carb sensitive. NOW, I know what to eat and how to eat it. Weight loss has been substantial!
6. Sparkles, yea or neh? I have no idea what this means.
7. What is the best thing you ever ate? At a wedding once, they served a cake made out of Peanut Butter. I’ve bugged the couple for years to tell me the recipe. It’s a family tradition and they won’t give it up. I WILL FIND OUT, KARLY!!!!!
8. What is your guilty pleasure? I have to watch it, but I think everyone needs at least one vice. I just do. Mine at this point would be hanging out at Hookah Bars. Something about the environment, Arab embroidery and relaxation is cool. It’s less loud than a dance hall, and less trouble than a sports bar where everyone is drunk and stuff. I might go maybe once out of every 2 months so as not to overly harm the lungs.
9. What is your favourite form of exercise? Say it with me: Plyometrics
10. What are you afraid of? Loneliness.
11. Who is your celebrity crush? There’s quite a few, but the Queen has been on top at least since 1997:
I met her in Vegas about 5 years ago. Long story short, I pushed my way to the front row and magically, as she was singing we locked eyes. She bent over and actually smiled and winked at me.
I was always in love with her, but that pretty much synched it, ha ha.